Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Here There Then Now

Everything is around me, everything is within me. Nothing is within me, nothing is outside me. The seeming contradiction is yet not a contradiction. God is above, God is among, I am with God. I am not above nor am I among. Birds fly south for the winter and north for the summer, north for the winter and south for the summer. Come within come without, what is it that this poem's about? It is and it is not, it could and it could not, it was not and it was. Seemingly, seemingly not. What? What not? I am in the world, the trees are in the world, I am in the tree, seeing all the world. All the world to me,  for only a small portion may I see. The trees are in the earth, I am in the trees, I am not in the earth, but I am in the trees which are in the earth. Of sea and sky, land, water, fire what is it that all men desire? Is it pleasure or the absence of pain, is it freedom to choose, or freedom from choosing? Birth to death or rebirth from death? Above and beyond the far frontiers drawn. Above and beyond our simple lives we yawn. When will the truth on the night of conscious dawn? When will the ending stop and starting end? The day when all is over not again.

No comments:

Post a Comment