Friday, March 15, 2013

What Really Matters

I sit here, shivering and writing with a pencil sharpened by my pocket knife. Three candles around me are just close enough to lend light without singging my hair. These candles, since there are three of them remind me of the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy ghost. I am quite content, for I know some of the greatness of God, and his ever extending mercy. For I am saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus. No work of mine has saved me, only God's gift of grace. Once I was lost, but now I see the truth of what really matters in life. I feel like I have the whole world figured out. Perhaps, as some would say (especially older people), I merely think this way because I am in my teen years, foolish and feeling invincible. Perhaps, since I am young and perceptive I actually do have a better handle on the reality of the world. I believe young people do have this ability that the older generation is blind to and cannot remember. Every young generation has a better grasp on the world in the time they grew up. I try to view the world as if I am neither male nor female nor any particular age....I seek the truth independently without much regard to others thought....What really matters in life are our family and friends, but really every person. God, Jesus, the truth, the way, and the life are like cornerstones supporting the house of life. Be the best you can be by God's standards, do not stoop to expectations of others. God's standards do include obeying the government and parents (no matter what their, or your age). It may be said that I am old enough to make my own decisions, I don't have to listen to parents anymore.' Obviously, or not so obviously the moral of the story is to be in a good relationship with your parents (and everybody). Yes, one does need to live their own life. The key to success is balance, moderation, and zeal for the Truth of God. Also remembering that all truth is God's truth. Wordly pleasures, treasures, etcetera are the greatest thieves of our heart. Yeah, keep God first in your heart, not just as a final goal, but everyday. Back [to] the basics, the simple life, that's where Jesus Christ is easily found.

No comments:

Post a Comment